Saturday, February 04, 2006

First Week

Hey There,

The first couple of classes are now over, and the nightlife has yet to tame. We are all having a really good time exploring the city and experiencing the culture. The day before classes began, I ventured off to the year's inagural horse race at one of the Hong Kong Jockey Club venues. It was an amazing place, filled with tons of locals wagering on pretty much anything. I went down there with a Dutch kid named Collin. Neither of us saw another white person the entire trip, which was pretty interesting. As we walked by the masses, the locals often had a decifer which view was more exotic: the horses or us. Anyway, it was fun.

The classes here all seem really great. Unfortunately, BC is the only school where the grades transfer- so all of the other 165 students are taking all of their courses pass/fail. That makes it kind of difficult to travel as freely as my peers. Also, I just realized yesterday that I will be missing one of my midterms to go to Vietnam. After e-mailing the professor a number of times, he remains adamant that I cannot make-up the exam before or after the trip (I legitamately leave the night before). Therefore, my final is pretty much my grade. Oh well, I can't wait to hit 'Nam with my dad and two sisters.

Yesterday, I revisited Stanley market, The Peak, and Lan Kwai Fung with all of the exchange students. I met a couple of girls that go to USC, one of which knows Lizzie and Courtney. The other one, coincidentally, grew up in New Canaan- they were a lot of fun to hang out with. Ok, I'm off to do my first load of laundry, so I'll catch up. Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home